Thursday 4 May 2017

The Films I Liked In 2016...

Here once again (in no particular order) are my personal cinematic treats of the year.

1) Room - this film deserved all the praise it received. Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay definitely had me reaching for the hankies.

2) Deadpool - filthy and funny this was my favourite superhero movie of the year.

3) Hail, Caesar! - this might be Coens lite but it had me in stitiches. Particularly this scene between Hobie and the director Laurence Laurentz.

4) Spotlight - simply shot, but oh so powerful. Left me speechless as I made my way home from the cinema.

5) 10 Cloverfield Lane - has John Goodman ever been scarier on screen? Didn't no what to expect going in and was beyond entertained.

6) Love and Friendship - another witty delight from Whit Stillman. This time he took on Jane Austen and definitely won. A wonderful performance from Kate Beckinsale and I will never think of peas in quite the same way again.

7) Ghostbusters - a divisive film before the first trailer was released. Personally I came out of the cinema having been entertained and completely taken with Kate Mckinnon's Holzmann.

8) Doctor Strange - not the most original of origin stories but the trippy effects (best viewed in 3D) blew me away.

Honourable mentions go to 'The Danish Girl' (more hankies required by me) and 'Jason Bourne' (for that car chase in Las Vegas).

No comments:

Post a Comment